CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Stess!!!

My gym sent me an email with these tips for reducing stress!

On Overload?Do you feel the day flies by without devoting the necessary attention to each chore or job because other tasks keep landing on your lap or because you can't get it all organized? You probably know that effective time management will help you get more done each day. It has important health benefits too. By managing your time more wisely, you can minimize stress and improve your quality of life. But how do you get back on track when organizational skills don't come naturally? To get started, choose one of these tips. Try it for two to four weeks and see if it helps. If it does, consider adding another one. If not, try a different one. • Plan each day. • Prioritize your tasks. • Say no to nonessential tasks. • Delegate. • Take the time you need to do a quality job. • Break large, time-consuming tasks into smaller tasks. • Practice the 10-minute rule. Work on a dreaded task for 10 minutes each day. • Evaluate how you're spending your time. Look for time that can be used more wisely. • Take a break when needed. • Get plenty of sleep and exercise!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I like it! I tell Matthias every weekend morning "Can we do the 5 minute cleanup job on each room together" That way the house starts of fresh for the weekend and Its my way of breaking it into smaller jobs while delegating some of it to him....make sense?? Sleep--uhhggg max is horrible right now, but no more temp. Out the door to the gym....thanks for the inspiration!!

Kerry Kern said...

Great advice, I do not delegate anything at all so I could trim alot of things off my list if I would do that, thanks for sharing!

Britta said...

Does it say anthing about dealing with defiant 3-year olds? His "NO!" or "I have to" is what is causing most of my stress.

The Youngs said...

Or you could sell everything and open a Jimmy Buffet type bar on St. John...Not that I have thought of that too many times.